Wedding cakes come in all shapes and sizes due to preference in type, shape, colour and budget. Here are a few wedding cake ideas to start your planning with:
Wedding Cake Type
- Tiered cake
- Wedding Cake with thick icing
- Cheese Cake
- Chocolate Cake
- Coffee Cake
- Ribbon Cake
- White Chocolate Cake
- Dark Chocolate Cake
- Liquor filled Cake (for a select crowd only… as most guests may not like this choice)
- Lemon Mousse Cake
- Two flavoured cakes (layers of different flavour or sections of varying flavours)
- Butter with icing on top
- Coconut and spice
Wedding Cake Shapes
- Themed Shape (if your wedding celebrations are based around a theme!)
This would of course depend on your wedding colour scheme.
A small cake does not meet that that the bride and groom’s budget was small. It could mean that they actually preferred a small cake rather than one that had many tiers!
Fresh fruit additions
Accessories to note
- Wedding cake toppers, knifes
In making a cake for a bride and groom, the confectioner / baker would need to discuss with the couple their liking, the time of year and all of the above topics. Spend some time going through wedding cake pictures before you decide on the design.