Depending on how close you are to your daughter, there are a few things that you can do as Mother-of-the-Bride. Here they are:
- Help your daughter find a suitable Saree material or dress as Bridal
- Be a good listener as she can get stressed about the planning and event
- Meet up with the groom’s parents several times before wedding to discuss requirements
- Help with wedding planning, if you can.
- Make a list of guests that you would like to invite and hand to daughter and son-in-law to be to choose
- Select a mother-of-the-bride saree or dress. Make sure it does not clash with those of bridal party.
- Speak to groom’s mom and see what she has planned to wear.
- At the event, speak to guests and be a hostess.
- Be honest in your beliefs about décor or designs. As sometimes your daughter may not know or be confused and would need guidance. But don’t enforce your ideas on her.
- Encourage your husband in taking part in planning, if can.
- Choose comfortable shoes for the wedding day and homecoming!
- Keep a handkerchief with you, happy tears may come anytime.
Warning: But be ready for some stressful situations, be ready to compromise, be ready to listen to complaints. As a mother your daughter would expect you to ‘mother her’ when needed.
And enjoy the celebrations!