- Write your thoughts down in bullet points
- Sit and expand the speech
- Length – 3 to 5 minutes
- Show to a friend/family and get feedback
- Practice in front of mirror
On the day
- Keep speech in pocket / safe place before giving it
- Do no consume alcohol before giving speech
- When giving speech stand up
- Make sure everyone has a glass in hand and its full!
- Smile, greet guests and bride and groom
- Deliver speech making eye contact with couple occasionally
- Remember to mention who you are
- Don’t bring in any embarrassing stories or use bad language
- Don’t use stories that only some would know
- End seriously but in friendly tone wishing the couple all the very best.